With summer starting up and beach days in full swing, I thought it would be fitting to write a post about Sunscreen. Sure there are lots out there to choose from — and, trust me, I have tried many of them! So I thought I might save you some of the the agony (and sunburns) that I have gotten over the years by using sunscreens that just didn’t cut it!
First off, my skin is extremely sensitive. So in the past, whenever I have used sunscreens with Oxybenzone or other harsh chemicals, my skin has broken out terribly! And an itchy rash in the hot sun is definitely not a fun scene! Ouch!
Secondly, now that I have children, I want to make sure they are protected from the sun. We are always out and about so I needed something that could easily keep up with our busy on-the-go days. Something that could be applied easily to a wiggly three year old, and also a product I can throw in my bag for re-application later.
This is where Supergoop comes into play! About four years ago I found this AMAZING brand of spf and I am so glad I did! It is hands down the best sunblock I have ever used on my face or body!
Supergoop offers many different spf products including oils, lotions, sprays, sticks, and even powders! Every time I try a new product, I literally fall in love. At the beginning of each summer I usually stock up on my faves and mix in whatever awesome new products have just launched to try them out!
One thing I really love about Supergoop is that on their website you can find their “No List” which is a list of chemicals that you will never find in their products. This is so important to me as I use this brand daily on my children as well as myself daily.
Just as a little example, about two weeks ago we went to the beach. My girls and I all lotioned-up with our Supergoop Play spf 50 in the morning and we re-applied after lunch. By the end of the day we were sunburn free. On the other hand, my husband used a supermarket brand spf and re-applied at least 3 times throughout the day. That night, he was so burned! This weekend he (wisely)used the Supergoop — he even asked me to order an bottle just for him! His new favorite is now the Unseen Sunscreen since it’s so light and he doesn’t “feel it” on his face!
Below, you can see some of my fave items from Supergoop and why I love each one. Each offers something different depending if you are on-the-go, or lounging at the beach, but all are sure to cover one important thing – they will keep you safe from the suns harmful rays!
Shop The Post
- Probably my favorite sunscreen product!
- Super small and easy to carry everywhere
- Luxurious oil stick glides on so easy and leaves skin feeling silky, not greasy
- I love having this to put on my kids if we are out and we need a sunscreen touchup. Its so easy to apply on their cheeks, noses and arms etc. Just glide on and they can rub it in.
- Ultra protective SPF 50.
- This is my go-to sunscreen for my kids all summer.
- I love that you can buy this larger size with a pump. Lasts a long time! And the pumps helps when applying to little ones!
- SPF 50 and smells great!
- This is my new fave for my face!
- Goes on super smoothly and gives a nice glow under makeup or on its own!
- Very lightweight and has a hint of tint, almost like a tinted moisturizer.
- SPF 40 and protects my face all day long
- Can be used for body too!
- If you like an ultra lightweight sunscreen lotion — this is for you!
- It is so sheer and light but it gives you amazing protection.
- Great for under makeup
- My husband does not like feeling anything heavy or sticky on his face and so he loves using this!
- I love using this on my body, especially as a touch up at the beach or pool.
- Luxurious oil that gives a beautiful glow without being sticky or too heavy feeling.
- Great protection. SPF 50
- Super easy to spray, apply and rub in! Easy to put on kids for a touch up!
- Just received this about two weeks ago and I love it already!
- Great for sticking in your bag on the go.
- Very easy to apply over makeup and gets rid of any shine on your skin to give you a matte look.
- I used this at the beach throughout the day since I did not feel like putting more lotion on my face. This gave great protection, was super easy to apply and looked great!
- SPF 45