Quarantine has been loooooooong. Having all of these days at home with the kids, it has definitely been a challenge to come up with things to keep them interested, engaged and keep their creativity flowing!
I am always on the lookout for new and creative ideas (thank you, Pinterest!) So, with all the cute tie dye shirts and loungewear popping up on my social media feeds recently, I thought it might be fun to do some tie-dying with the kids. I know this is usually a messy task so I did some mom-investigating!
I found these spray bottles of tie dye on Amazon and thought I would give them a try! I figured it had to be less messy that the old fashioned ways! I also bought some rubber bands, and soft white cotton tee shirts.
Well, I am SO glad I found these! The girls had so much fun doing the tie fye (and so did I!!!). It was also super simple, not too messy at all — and best of all — we have some shirts that came out ADORABLE! I will definitely be doing this again soon! It was a great afternoon outdoor activity!
Below are the products we used and how we did the tie dying!
PRODUCTS WE USED
- My daughters and I watched a few videos to see the different tie dye techniques and get some ideas.
- Went outside & used a large cardboard box to cover underneath the shirts.
- Bunched or rolled up shirts and wrapped rubber bands around the shirts.
- I let the girls spray the colors they wanted all over the shirts. (To add more color, I went in after they finished and poured or sprayed more color to fill up white spots.)
- Washed hands (color came off hands very easily with soap & water!)
- After all shirts were colored, we let them dry. I left them outside until the next morning.
- Once dry, iron each of the shirts to set the color with heat.
- All done! Enjoy your beautiful finished products!!
THE FINISHED PRODUCTS!!
HERE IS A VIDEO I WATCHED TO SEE THE DIFFERENT TIE DIE TECHNIQUES