Although spring is quickly approaching, the end of the winter season can be one of the best times to get some skiing in before packing in your snow boots until next year!
My family and I love to do weekend ski trips and now that the girls are really getting into it, it has become a lot of fun! Seeing Micaela & Madeline “pizza wedge” their way down a blue diamond with no fear and a huge smile on their faces is such an amazing sight for my husband and I!
As far as packing, to make things easier, my husband stays in charge of all of our technical gear. He LOVES anything having to do with the outdoors and gear is his thing. So he makes sure we have everything we need in terms of waterproof shell jackets, hats, gloves, ski socks etc. Hey, if that’s his thing – he can have it! The more stylish items, on the other hand, are my “thing.”
SHOP THE POST
I have always loved the look of winter layers: A warm cozy sweater, cute vest, furry winter boots, a nice warm coat. Looking chic after a day on the slopes with a glass of wine in your hand and a warm fireplace by your side… what could be better than that!
Of course, this perfect “Après Ski” scenario I paint in my mind doesn’t always happen perfectly, especially when the little ones are running around acting silly because they are exhausted, but it is nice to at least be warm, cozy and stylish (and wine is always a plus!)
Here are a few items that have been in my weekend bag on repeat!
- I like to pack items that can be layered so, I always like to bring Spanx leggings to wear on their own or go under my snow pants.
PATAGONIA SWEATERS & JACKETS.
- Patagonia makes such amazing outdoor gear and I have acquired several pieces over the years. one of my go-to items is my “Better Sweater.’ It is super cozy, warm and a nice layering piece. You can easily fit a base layer underneath and then a coat/jacket over it. Zip it up and you will be warm and snug all day.
- The Los Gatos fleece is another fave of mine. I have several colors! This fleece is hands down the warmest fleece sweatshirt I own! It is like having a layer of warm fur on. Literally super cosy and plush. Great for sitting around and being cozy. It is a bit more bulky than my other pieces so I tend to not wear this under my ski jacket, I would rather wear this on its own.
- I actually just snagged a new ski shell jacket from Patagonia during their end of season sale two weeks ago! I will link it here but many sizes are already sold out! The outer layer is a waterproof shell and can be zipped onto another layer for extra warmth. Patagonia is all about keeping the elements out so these pieces are great for skiing or any outdoor activities!
- I purchased these Sorel boots in the beginning of the season and I could not be happier with them! They are waterproof but I wanted stylish as well, without being too bulky. These are a great “street boot,” meaning I wear them to run around doing errands and school pickup etc. They look super stylish but keep any water out and keep my feet so warm!
- My Blackstone boots were last year’s purchase. These are awesome – more like sneakers with a warm fur lining. They are soft and warm, but not really made for the elements.
Pretty much all of the pieces I listed here are very versatile and can take you from slopes to drinks afterwards or even dinner out with the kids! So whether you are packing for Après Ski or just a fun ski weekend with the family, if you take some tips from me and bring pieces like these, you will be warm, cozy and stylish all weekend long! Have Fun!!