My nightly skincare routine has always been pretty basic. I have used good products that moisturized and protected my skin but I never really thought about wrinkles and aging. Then after having kids and no time for pretty much anything, my skincare routine went from basic to absolute bare minimum. Literally. I was so tired at night I would wash my face and follow with my moisturizing “routine” that consisted of coconut oil. Thats it – end of story.
Skip ahead a few years… I recently turned 40 and decided maybe I need to be doing a little more to take care of my skin and help prevent wrinkles to keep myself looking 30 (wish it was that easy!). So needless to say, I have stepped up my game these days and added a bit more to my morning and nightly regimen. I mean the coconut oil does serve its purpose, but now its only for my body.
Below are some of the products that have become staples in my newest skincare routine. There are some amazing finds I have come across that seem to be working really well and won’t break the bank like many skincare lines out there can easily do. I have been using these brands for a long time so I definitely stand by them all.
My Skincare Essentials
- Fresh is one of my all time favorite brands. I love so many of their products, including lip care, cleansers, lotions, shower gel, and perfume. The Sugar Line smells so amazing!
- I have been using the Soy Face Cleanser for years and it is so gentle, light and removes all of my makeup effortlessly. It also works great with my new Foreo skin cleansing tool. It helps the Foreo gently glide over my skin while cleaning my skin and getting off any dirt and makeup from the day.
- I began using the new Vitamin Nectar Glow Juice a few months ago when it was first introduced. I LOVE this serum! I used the Glow Cream prior to this but the Glow Juice is so silky and smooth and really does give my skin a lovely, dewey complexion. I use this both morning and evening.
- The newest edition to my repertoire is the Nurse Jamie UPLIFT Massaging Beauty Roller. I was skeptical of this at first but I feel like these rollers are the new thing so I had to try one. I love this as well! When I am looking a little puffy or my skin is just looking dull, tired and blah, I use this and I swear it does give your face a nice massage. It feels great (tip: especially if you leave it in the fridge to get cold for a few minutes!) and it really does get rid of puffiness. Last week, I overdid it (vino) and by Monday morning my face was looking puffy. I got out my roller and used it twice that day. By Tuesday all the puffiness was gone and my face looked and felt much better.
- I love to keep everything organized in these beautiful acrylic stackable makeup/cosmetic boxes from The Container Store. They look so stylish out in my bathroom and they come in all different shapes and sizes so you can mix and match to build your own system according to what you have and need. After I got this organizing system for my makeup, I actually bought a second set for my jewelry and it looks great out on my dresser. It stores everything nicely.