Moms Have A Lot To Do.
We all know it. We all deal with it every single day. It’s part of our daily “mom grind.” Throw in some school carpools, soccer practice, dance class, t-ball games and you find yourself at the end of the day so exhausted you can barely keep your eyes open to finish watching whatever Real Housewives episode Bravo is airing that night – come on, I can’t be alone here!
Even with packed daily schedules, we all like to find some time in the morning to look presentable, or at least somewhat presentable, depending on the mornings’ craziness. I, for one, am not one of those women who can just run out of the house with no makeup and sweats. I don’t know why, but it’s just never been my thing, although I do give kudos to those that do it and still look fresh and amazing. I think my trick is that I have learned the art of finding my “mom makeup” routine that is super quick, easy and works enough to give me a fresh look, instead of looking as though I just rolled out of bed. You just need to know the basics and what you absolutely need to look good and the things you can ditch to save time.
If I needed to choose one area to focus on and skip all the others to save time, I would definitely choose my eyes. No way can I skip my eyeliner and mascara combo! I think knowing what part of your face is your focus is a good way to begin…
SHOP THIS POST
Here is my quick and easy routine that seriously takes under 10 minutes (in the order I do them). It includes the items that have become my ultimate “go-to’s” over the years and how I use them, along with some time-saving tips!
- Deodorant – I just absolutely love, love, love, Native Deodorant. Not only does it smell amazing, and is made without any nasty chemicals, but it actually works really well! And a little goes a long way!
- Brush my teeth & plug in my T3 hot iron – if I am doing my hair that day, or else, a nice pony tail it is!
- Skin – Moisturize & Foundation. Dab on some Fresh Vitamin Nectar Moisturizer and then put a small amount of Bobbi Brown BB Cream on my hand. Use my Beauty Blender to even out my skin and under my eyes – this BB cream is good enough coverage to skip concealer! Plus a Beauty Blender is the KEY to even, amazing skin – this thing is truly magical!
- Bronzer – Since it’s now Fall, I’m not really going for an all-out tan but I do use a little Bobbi Brown bronzer to get a subtle glow. Depending on my mood I use color Golden Light for a more tan/brown color, or Antigua for a more pink glow.
- Eyes – No dramatic eyes for this mama – I use the Bobbi Brown fine gel eye liner pencil and only fill in my top lid at the water line (this is the inside rim, right underneath my lashes). Then I use my all-time fave Chanel mascara on my lashes. This combo makes your lashes look super-full and opens your eyes while looking natural, and not too overdone for a morning PTA meeting.
- Cheeks – The Nars Multiple stick is another must-have item. You can use this all over your face, on cheeks, forehead, lips, eyes, etc. It is very versatile. I just love the color Orgasm to add a pretty pink shimmer to my cheeks – wow this color is so amazing. It literally looks great on everyone and adds such a pretty hue.
- Lips – I usually just do a lip balm or my new obsession, the Nars Afterglow Lip Balm in Orgasm color. Again, this adds a very pretty hue and really brightens up your face.
- Hair – If there is time, I use my T3 hair straightener, which I love, or just fix a nice pony tail or bun. Either way, I use my Oribe texturizing spray to add some volume to my hair and give it some fullness and life. Love that stuff!!!
This is pretty much my routine every morning and I have it down to a science so I can really get it all done in under 10-15 minutes! If you have less time, just figure out what you might want to omit to save yourself a few extra minutes but surely we can all find some time to feel pretty and good about ourselves in the morning!